Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Getting Older

I just had my 33rd Birthday Friday. I don't feel like I am getting older. I don't feel like I look alot older. BUT.... there are some changes occuring that I don't feel like have control over!!! First, my BODY!!! What is up with my body. It isn't doing anything I want it to do. I have always enjoyed workingout and staying in shape, but It doesn't seem like it helps as much as it used to.. My "ham-hocks" are determined to have a mind of there own and they have decided they are never going away!! Why do women have to battle the buldge so much. It is an exhausting game and never seems to end or get easier. So for now I will keep drinking my protien shakes,eating almonds, and running through neighborhoods for exersize (cause I am too cheap to go to the gym these days). Kind of boring i know. It not about variety, it's about lookin good in the mirror. Right??
Second, my kids. Are they getting bigger and I am staying the same. I sure hope O haven't changed as dramatically as they have over the past few years. Hannah is as tall as me. She can out smart me in a debate, and look so cute I am scared to send her out in the world. Carson will always be my little man. HE thinks I am wonderful 24-7. I think the Lord blessed me with him- to help me remember I am of worth. He makes me feel loved and adored. My sweet Carson!! It has been a gift to be a mom, now that I am thinking about it. Ella and Macie are still so sweet and loving. Definately not as sassy as their older sis.
Security and financial wellness. Does anyone have this right now?? I wonder... Jeff has a great job right now. They love him at work and he is valuable to them. The auto industry is so fickle right now. They just cut down over time which stinks cause that means less in our checks. We are just glad to have a job, but everything seems tight. Tight and uncertian.. Groceries are out of control expensive, co-pays are higher, water and electricity are going up. Sometimes even a good job isn't enough these days.
These are just my 33rd birthday thoughts. Just typing out loud. We will see what differs next year. This year I am just happy with my little family here in Alabama with nice house and good job. This moment is good. I am going to live it for all it's worth!!!!

6 comments:

Don and Robin Cooper said...

Your worries are worries Americans are facing each and every day. These uncertain times make most families worry about the future. So important for all of us to live prudently and get our debt under control or eliminate it altogether as soon as we can. As far as getting older, you are cute as a button! Your zest for life shines through those beautiful eyes. You are so kind and personable. The world needs more women like you! Never under estimate your worth...you have a divine destiny!

Krisann Charles said...

Funny how we get all thoughtful on our birthdays especially the older we get. Time goes way too fast and the world seems to be changing very much. I'm not going to comment on the aging thing...(you know I turned 40 this year and trouble spots just don't get any easier). So I just love ya Emilie Idaho girl and I really miss you. Please send me your email address (to: krisgcharles@yahoo.com)so I can stay in touch and I'll invite you to my blog which is private. BTW, you look great as usual!

The Wilson Family said...

Emilie happy birthday. I'm sorry I didn't call you. I know I've talked to you 2 times since then and I didn't even say Happy Birthday. I hope you know that doesn't mean I don't love you I'm just very bad at remembering. I'm not too far off you. My problem is with my memory. I think I may be getting Alzheimer's at a young age. Happy Birthday. I love you.

Capture the Moment Photography said...

Hey girl! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog :) Glad you liked it :) Did you sign up for my mailing list? I'll be drawing three $100.00 gift certificates. If you sign up your name will go in the hat for the gift certificate plus you'll get a free 5x7 no matter what ;)
See you on Sunday :)

Capture the Moment Photography said...

Hey Emily!!!! I have a sneak peek for you on my blog. Check it out ;)

Ash said...

THIS is hilarious! (the getting older part) But you are beautiful...if I could kill and then have your hair I would;) Happy Late Birthday!

My Playlist