Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Macie's Birthday and a BIG Surprise




September 24th was Macie's birthday. She is 6 years old already. She is truly my sweet little lady! SHe woke up today so excited about her special day. When she got home from school Jeff had her a special surprise..... A new kitty. She has been wanting one for so long and the answer was always NO!!! What changed you ask??? Well, our new house is surrounded by Kudzu (a very irritating, fast growing, climbs up everything plant). When Jeff was mowing it down in our yard I saw several mice run off. Now, if there mice there are snakes and who knows what else. Yikes!!! The pest control man said that we need to get an outdoor kitty to keep the rodents away. He said it works great and is safer than chemicals or poisons. SO.. now we have a cute orange kitty. Macie is in love. Hannah thinks she is the boss of it and Ella just cries nonstop because she wants a kitty too. SO meet the newest member if the Parrott Family.

5 comments:

The White Family said...

Hey Emilie! How exciting for Macie, what a cute cat! We miss you guys!

The Wilson Family said...

Mary is so envious of Macie's new kitty. This morning when we were reading your blog she said the prayer before she went to school and she said bless that I see Macie soon. Then after the prayer she started to get teary eyed and she said, "I miss Macie." We miss you guys so much.

Becca said...

Hee Hee. I can just see bossy Hannah and crying Ella. I laughed out loud at that one. I'm sure that Macie was so excited. I know that she has been wanting that orange kitty for awhile now. Yeah for macie. Did I mention that I am so proud of you for not waiting another 6 months to post on your blog. keep 'em comin' sista.

callie said...

Hey Sis!! I love your blog! Wish we could have been there for Macies birthday. What a pretty little kitty. We love and miss you guys.

Krisann Charles said...

I miss you Emilie. You are too far away and it has been way too long. Good to sneak a peak at you guys! sending lots of love-

My Playlist