Saturday, October 11, 2008

Opryland or BUST!!

This weekend we went to Opryland for Jeff to dance. HE was going to go by himself but at the last minute we decided it would be fun to all go. SO while he was dancing and mingling with Rickky Skaggs and Kelli Pickler, I was be driven bananas by my 4 kiddos. I decided to take them to the Opry hotel to show them where Jeff and I met. They were amazed by how beautiful it was. MAcie kept saying, "is this a hotel, it sure is pretty." They couldn't believe the tropical gardens were inside the hotel. I showed them the garden bench Jeff and I sat on and chit-chated until Grandpa Swensen hunted us down and made me leave. They thought that was pretty funny. Hannah wants to go there for her honeymoon when she get married. IT is a beautiful place. WEll, the irritating part is that for months now I have been having trouble with my canon rebel, that I love. I took it with us to shoot some photos of the kids in the gardens. The whole night I messed with the settings and made the kids pose over and over trying to tweek my settings. Hannah saw how frustrated I was getting and asked to see my camera and I kept telling her NO. Well I kept on taking blurry pictures all night. After a couple hours of that we decided to start walking back to our hotel and stop at McDonald for a treat. Well this is the annoying part!!! Hannah grabbed my camera and then said, "look mom, your camera isn't blurry anymore." Sure Hannah.... THen I looked and sure enough, she was right. What did she do??? She adjusted the second lens on my camera that I didn't know I had on there. My 11 year old just looked at me and shook her head. For about 6 months I have been stuggling with my camera and she fixed it in less than 2 seconds. What is the matter with me!!!!!!!! I am just glad my Hannah is such a smarty pants. I keep telling her she gets it from me, but I am starting to think she doesn't believe me. Anyway we all had fun and Jeff danced his hiney off.

6 comments:

Don and Robin Cooper said...

Glad you guys had such a wonderful time! Funny story with your camera, kids just get smarter and smarter!

Lindsey said...

Emilie what a great story. I love it. I always hate is when Stephanie proves me wrong. I don't like to admit it but it happens more times then I like to admit.

Becca said...

THat's fun that you got to go to Opry land.

Sierra said...

Hey Emilie! I haven't talked to you in so long! I hope everything is going well.

Ash said...

Glad to hear Jeff found his dancin' shoes;) I always wanted to see him with his hands on his hips!

Unknown said...

I get to go to OpryLand all the time! Living in Bowling Green it's only an hour away so every so often we just go down there for fun! :) It's so great to see your family is doing well. I miss you and the kids, and I can't believe how big they've grown!

My Playlist