Sunday, January 11, 2009

Detox???? What the heck????

I have decided I am going to start the new year off doing a detox. I am now 5 days into it. I really didn't know much about a detox or cleanse. This will be my first time to try this type of thing. WHy? you ask. Well, I heard they are very beneficial to your overall health. It can help jumpstart your metabolism, help eliminate yucky toxins from your insides- which help you feel better, and loose some weight. The key to this detox thing is the food you eat. you have to drink 8 glasses of lemon water or tea a day. YOu can only eat foods that are RAW. That means fruits, vegies, and grains that don't have anything added to them. I can add lemon juice, herbs, vinegar and olive oil(very sparingly). These 5 days I have really been sticking with it and staying focused. I always thought I ate pretty healthy. This compared to what I eat now, I ate horrible. I definately feel like I have gone back to basics. I ate a cucumber the other day and it tasted so good. It didn't have anything on it- no dressing, vinegar or salt to spice it up. I am really noticing how yummy food tastes without all the "stuff" on it. An if anyone know me- I like "STUFF". The more yummy stuff on my food the better. It has been kind of nice to taste food by itself and not mixed with a ton of other flavors.
I will admit I have been craving sweets and treats and yummy dinners that I cook for my family every night. I makes my mouth water to smell pizza, popcorn, and roast cooking and I can't have any. But this detox only mast of 10 day. I am half way there. Then I go back to eating what I love. EVERYTHING! Just kidding. I am hoping by doing this I can keep up some of these good eating habits. Keep the fiber food high on my menu each day and lots & lots of water.
If any one has any words of advice or encouragement let me know. So far no one I have talked to has done a detox.
So far so good. 5 days down and 5 to go. I'll keep you all posted.

3 comments:

Becca said...

that would be SO hard, good luck

Terah said...

I don't know how you are doing it, but congradulations on your will power. I just went to the gym and did group power. I feel great! Only 4 more days and you can eat what ever you want. If I were you, I would got to that great hamburger joint you took me to!

Tricia said...

Hey Em!
Long time no see! Did you get my Christmas card? Cute blog you have. Good luck on your detox. You are a champ for sticking with it for so long!

My Playlist